Author Topic: Amnesty for Certain Illegal Aliens Below the Age of 31  (Read 2330 times)  Share 

Offline SDGrad

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SDGrad barely matters.SDGrad barely matters.
Re: Amnesty for Certain Illegal Aliens Below the Age of 31
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
You mean hard-working Americans didn't swarm in and fill up these jobs in the 3 weeks? Surely there were unemployed people in Worthington looking for a job at the time and the plant must have needed the help. Funny these mexicans had a job to come back to the way unemployment is now days.

Hard working Americans would sworm it if it was that or starve to death. What part of that don't you get?

Offline Swamie100

• Badger
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Swamie100 is working their way up.Swamie100 is working their way up.Swamie100 is working their way up.
  • New GPV'er!
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
You mean hard-working Americans didn't swarm in and fill up these jobs in the 3 weeks? Surely there were unemployed people in Worthington looking for a job at the time and the plant must have needed the help. Funny these mexicans had a job to come back to the way unemployment is now days.

They work for below market value or get taken advantage of because they are here illeagally.  John Morrels was one of the most respected employers in sioux falls when the wages were not competing with illeagals.  If they paid 30$ an hour they would have no problem with employees and the job is deserves it.
Its hard to be Raider Fan

Offline SDGrad

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SDGrad barely matters.SDGrad barely matters.
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
Cut off the unemployment and welfare, those lazy people will go to work.

Exactly, or they starve. WIN-WIN

Offline Clicker

• Coyote
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Clicker has no influence.
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
They work for below market value or get taken advantage of because they are here illeagally.  John Morrels was one of the most respected employers in sioux falls when the wages were not competing with illeagals.  If they paid 30$ an hour they would have no problem with employees and the job is deserves it.
Nobody would. The competition would put them out of business so fast your head would spin.
"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon…

The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and
then struts around like it won the game."

~Vladimir Putin~

Offline Swamie100

• Badger
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Swamie100 is working their way up.Swamie100 is working their way up.Swamie100 is working their way up.
  • New GPV'er!
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
Nobody would. The competition would put them out of business so fast your head would spin.

Really well if there were no articical cheap labor ( illeagals) we would still need the food.  Everybody would pay it just like it used to be John Morrels paid 15$ an hour in 1978 do the math.
Its hard to be Raider Fan

Offline nodebts

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • nodebts might someday be someone...nodebts might someday be someone...nodebts might someday be someone...nodebts might someday be someone...
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »

Today, in an unconstitutional move, President Obama thwarted the will of Congress and shunned the 20 million under and unemployed Americans by announcing he will grant work permits to 2-3 million illegal workers.  Congress on three occasions rejected DREAM Act amnesties in part to help unemployed workers born here or who came here legally.   

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/june-15-2012/dhs-announces-amnesty-place-certain-illegal-aliens-below-age-31.html

“President Obama’s decision to grant amnesty to potentially millions of illegal immigrants is a breach of faith with the American people.  It also blatantly ignores the rule of law that is the foundation of our democracy.  This huge policy shift has horrible consequences for unemployed Americans looking for jobs and violates President Obama’s oath to uphold the laws of this land.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/june-15-2012/chairman-smith-obama-administrations-dream-act-ignores-rule-law.html
Flashback to a year ago,
Obama on the DREAM Act: "I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. We are doing everything we can administratively. But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there's been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It's just not true."

http://times247.com/articles/obama-flashback-can-t-just-change-the-laws-unilaterally
SORRY, the lifestyle you ordered is currently out of stock.

Offline nodebts

• White Tail
  • nodebts might someday be someone...nodebts might someday be someone...nodebts might someday be someone...nodebts might someday be someone...
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
“He’s not trying to get this through Congress. He is just, in a breakthrough fashion, seizing power,”This is exactly what a dictator does, not an American president. We are a constitutional republic. They don’t do that. He doesn’t have the ability. The Department of Homeland Security doesn’t have the authority to do this. Obama is now stopping all deportations for certain classes of illegal aliens. Essentially he is going to put in place the DREAM Act without dealing with the hassles of debating it, voting it, discussing it, even writing an executive order. He’s just doing it.”

http://times247.com/articles/beck-on-amnesty-this-is-what-a-dictator-does#ixzz1xtsz7Dit

Offline Warlord

• Coyote
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
Considering any job worth having usually requires an application, and one of the first questions on the application being "Are you a US Citizen?" I would have to say: No.

It's funny the people crying about this think illegals are going to swipe up all the rocket scientist jobs. No, they are going to continue to work as janitors, lawn mowers, tit pullers, fruit pickers, and meat processors. Except now they will be doing it legally.
In essence, they are going to keep wages low so that even the legal citizens can't find a job that pays a decent wage.

Offline Warlord

• Coyote
  • Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!Warlord is a rising star!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
Really well if there were no articical cheap labor ( illeagals) we would still need the food.  Everybody would pay it just like it used to be John Morrels paid 15$ an hour in 1978 do the math.
I cut meat for HyV for 25 years. It used to be a good paying job. When Morrells broke the union and brought in all the cheap, imported labor it affected my job too. The next six years immediately after that event I went without any pay increase at all. My first pay increase was 7 years later and they gave me a lousy nickel an hour increase.  :rolleyes:  Even now, HyV doesn't pay their meat-heads worth a crap. They demand you freeze your butt off standing in a refrigerated box whipping a razor sharp 6 inch knife past your finger tips all day for wages that are barely more than McDonalds pays. Glad I'm outta that rat-hole.

Offline Warlord

• Coyote
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »
“He’s not trying to get this through Congress. He is just, in a breakthrough fashion, seizing power,”This is exactly what a dictator does, not an American president. We are a constitutional republic. They don’t do that. He doesn’t have the ability. The Department of Homeland Security doesn’t have the authority to do this. Obama is now stopping all deportations for certain classes of illegal aliens. Essentially he is going to put in place the DREAM Act without dealing with the hassles of debating it, voting it, discussing it, even writing an executive order. He’s just doing it.”

http://times247.com/articles/beck-on-amnesty-this-is-what-a-dictator-does#ixzz1xtsz7Dit
It sounds just like a year ago when Obama arbitrarily decided to stop enforcing DOMA.

Offline Greenman

• Badger
  • Greenman might someday be someone...Greenman might someday be someone...Greenman might someday be someone...Greenman might someday be someone...
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
That might be the case. But I doubt a 17 year old illegal can suddenly move to the US, join grade 12, and graduate instantly.

It'd be easier for a guy from a trailer park in Nova Scotia to cross the border and get his grade 10 than that. 

If congress would have acted in the first place, the President wouldn't have chosen to take this route.  But why would they, both sides have been using it as a dividing issue for years. 

Offline Raider Fan

• SSN# 586-24-1579
  • White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
Except for one minor detail (minor if you are a Liberal): They are here illegally.

Yeah, I know. This is basically the government saying "We know you're here illegally. Since you've been here your whole life, you didn't know you were breaking the law when you crossed this border as a child, you strived to get an education, and you behaved yourself, were going to give you a chance to become a citizen. You have two years to accomplish this before we'll try to deport you."

But instead of looking at it for what it is, everyone's puts their blinders on and cranks up their Toby Keith cds. I'm just surprise someone hasn't said something stupid like "let's deport Obama because he's here illegally" or "we even have an illegal alien working in the White House". You guys are slipping.
Whenever I see something beautiful, like a woman breaking into a house to breast feed someone else's baby, I can't help but think..........................

Offline Raider Fan

• SSN# 586-24-1579
  • White Tail
  • Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!Raider Fan is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
And what evidence of when they crossed is the government requiring?

I'm not sure but I'd assume if they have graduated high school, there would be some sort of record of when they got here.
Whenever I see something beautiful, like a woman breaking into a house to breast feed someone else's baby, I can't help but think..........................

Offline nodebts

• White Tail
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
It'd be easier for a guy from a trailer park in Nova Scotia to cross the border and get his grade 10 than that. 

If congress would have acted in the first place, the President wouldn't have chosen to take this route.  But why would they, both sides have been using it as a dividing issue for years.
What he did is unconstitutional and he says so himself, but the dictator did it anyway.

Flashback to a year ago,
Obama on the DREAM Act: "I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. We are doing everything we can administratively. But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there's been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It's just not true."

Offline zipper

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • zipper is a rising star!zipper is a rising star!zipper is a rising star!zipper is a rising star!zipper is a rising star!zipper is a rising star!
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »
Yeah, I know. This is basically the government saying "We know you're here illegally. Since you've been here your whole life, you didn't know you were breaking the law when you crossed this border as a child, you strived to get an education, and you behaved yourself, were going to give you a chance to become a citizen. You have two years to accomplish this before we'll try to deport you."

But instead of looking at it for what it is, everyone's puts their blinders on and cranks up their Toby Keith cds. I'm just surprise someone hasn't said something stupid like "let's deport Obama because he's here illegally" or "we even have an illegal alien working in the White House". You guys are slipping.
Hey raider I am going to go buy a Toby Kieth CD. Thanks for the recomendation. :thumbsup:

Offline Greenman

• Badger
  • Greenman might someday be someone...Greenman might someday be someone...Greenman might someday be someone...Greenman might someday be someone...
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »
What he did is unconstitutional and he says so himself, but the dictator did it anyway.

Flashback to a year ago,

Where did he say that what he did was unconstitutional?  Or are you comprehending what you choose to?

And Obama is the President of the USA.  I'm not sure what dictator you are talking about? 

Offline nodebts

• White Tail
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
  "let's deport Obama because he's here illegally" or "we even have an illegal alien working in the White House". You guys are slipping.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline nodebts

• White Tail
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »
Where did he say that what he did was unconstitutional?  Or are you comprehending what you choose to?

And Obama is the President of the USA.  I'm not sure what dictator you are talking about?
Indeed?

Offline winnar

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Global Moderator
  • Elk
  • winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!
  • Entire team is babies!
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »

It's funny how 12 years ago this exact scenario happened and conservatives were hell bent on making sure a little illegal Cuban boy was kept in the Unites States with relatives even though his father wanted him back in Cuba.

No conservative comments on this? I was hoping I would get something.

Offline Darth Cheney

• Real Green Triangle Club
  • White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Darth Cheney has no influence.
  • Mod Butthurt Poster Child
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 06:52:07 AM »
No conservative comments on this? I was hoping I would get something.

30 million people deliberately breaking our immigration laws = 1 political refugee from Cuba

Gotta love the liberal logic! :thumbsup:
Liberals Love Banning Guns and Muting Anyone They Don't Agree With. Why, They Have The Same Aspirations As Communists.
(Sent from restricted imprisoned area.)

Offline nodebts

• White Tail
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
30 million people deliberately breaking our immigration laws = 1 political refugee from Cuba

Gotta love the liberal logic! :thumbsup:
Gotta love the liberal logic! :clap: :clap:

Offline SilentBob

• Think'n out Loud
  • Bison
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SilentBob doesn't kiss and tell.
  • That's think'n with your dipstick
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:12 AM »
If this is distasteful, which of the republican versions of the Dream Act do you support?

http://rivera.house.gov/sites/rivera.house.gov/files/FACT%20SHEET-%20STARS%20Act%20One%20Page%20Summary_1.pdf

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/06/12/rubios-dream-act-gamble-just-in-time-for-the-2012-election

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/23/gingrich-says-dream-act-with-military-aspect-ok/

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/07/25/rick-perry-stands-by-texas-dream-act

http://www.nationaljournal.com/thenextamerica/politics/jeb-bush-supports-path-to-citizenship-for-illegal-immigrants-20120611
What's distasteful is Obama skipping the legislative process.  Congress writes the laws, and ammends the laws, which have to pass constitutional muster, and the President signs them into law.  To blatently bypass and ignore the rule of law that is currently on the books, is just wrong.
Disclaimer #1: My posts are based on my opinion.
Disclaimer #2: I am the world's greatest authority on my own opinion.
Disclaimer #3: Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Disclaimer #4:  I am the Official Pot Stirrer, sorry if you're offended (no, not really).

Offline JustinCase

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JustinCase doesn't kiss and tell.
  • Toast
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
What's distasteful is Obama skipping the legislative process.  Congress writes the laws, and ammends the laws, which have to pass constitutional muster, and the President signs them into law.  To blatently bypass and ignore the rule of law that is currently on the books, is just wrong.

How do you feel about the Dream Act that historically has received bipartisan support as well as support from the DoD, business groups, churches and the vast majority of Americans in general? With that much widespread support why in the world didn't Obama try the legislative process first?

:rolleyes: