Author Topic: DNC crushes RNC television ratings(Twitter too!)  (Read 1519 times)  Share 

Offline winnar

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Global Moderator
  • Elk
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!
  • Entire team is babies!
DNC crushes RNC television ratings(Twitter too!)
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
(AP) NEW YORK - Michelle Obama has bragging rights over Ann Romney in one early measurement — television ratings.

The Nielsen Co. said about 26.2 million people watched the opening night of the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday in Charlotte, N.C., where the first lady was the featured speaker.

Last week, Nielsen said 22.3 million watched the first night of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., where potential first lady Ann Romney talked about her husband, Mitt. The same number of viewers watched the Democrats' first night in 2008, when Michelle Obama was also the featured speaker.

Michelle Obama was a big hit Monday in a measurement by the social media network Twitter. The company said she was responsible for at least 28,003 tweets per minute shortly after she delivered her speech.

By contrast, the peak moment at the GOP convention was 14,289 tweets per minute during Mitt Romney's acceptance speech, Twitter said. Ann Romney's peak was 6,195 per minute, said Elaine Filadelo, Twitter spokeswoman. The company measures the volume of tweets through the use of hashtags, names and phrases, so it's possible the number could be larger in all cases.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57507042/dncs-first-night-beats-rncs-in-tv-ratings/

GOP, you even trying?

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DrPangloss doesn't kiss and tell.
  • All is best in the best of all possible worlds
Re: DNC crushes RNC television ratings(Twitter too!)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
Looking like Michelle's ratings are matching her ass size. F^$K you see the size of that beam? Damn, near needed a dozen or so wide load flags. And she she is our nutrition expert? What a shame, what a shame.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Online F'n Dave

• Turbo Nerd
  • Elk
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!F'n Dave is leading the good life!
  • I gotta go with Barack!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:41 PM »
Clinton is doing a real number on Mitt.

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »
Bill is trying to go all wonkish and the only people buying it are the fatties with the big hats.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
Saw somebody trying to wake up Mike Dukakis to interview him. What freeking steroids is he on? Looks twice the size of Michelle's ass. Jeezus.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
So what's with this "Forward" campaign playing some song recorded from 36 years ago to introduce a dinosaur horn dog?
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline winnar

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Global Moderator
  • Elk
  • winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!winnar is awe-inspiring!
  • Entire team is babies!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »
"Because we know every vote counts and every vote is precious"

Haha, love how they're digging on the GOP with the RNC sham.

Offline winnar

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Global Moderator
  • Elk
  • Entire team is babies!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »
Looking like Michelle's ratings are matching her ass size. F^$K you see the size of that beam? Damn, near needed a dozen or so wide load flags. And she she is our nutrition expert? What a shame, what a shame.

Bill is trying to go all wonkish and the only people buying it are the fatties with the big hats.

Saw somebody trying to wake up Mike Dukakis to interview him. What freeking steroids is he on? Looks twice the size of Michelle's ass. Jeezus.

So what's with this "Forward" campaign playing some song recorded from 36 years ago to introduce a dinosaur horn dog?

Haha, damage control... GOOOOOOO!

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:20 PM »
What a freeking gas bag. One  freeking hour of total bs and wonk. Everybody including Dukakis needed O2 cause Big Bill sucked it all up. Cripes the ol' hillbilly put them to sleep at the DNC in '88 and that only took 33 minutes. Jeezus, 60 minutes and I'm ready to hang myself.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline Muggsy

• Badger
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Muggsy is working their way up.Muggsy is working their way up.Muggsy is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »
Mittens and the rest of his fellow repub mormons morons are quaking in their magical underwear.

Online Sheriff Bart

• Forum Snob
  • Bison
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!
  • "Come to my dwessing woom."
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
What a freeking gas bag. One  freeking hour of total bs and wonk. Everybody including Dukakis needed O2 cause Big Bill sucked it all up. Cripes the ol' hillbilly put them to sleep at the DNC in '88 and that only took 33 minutes. Jeezus, 60 minutes and I'm ready to hang myself.
Speaking of gas bags.....
Has earned cougar status and that's all I'm sayin'.

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »
Speaking of gas bags.....

What do you know, you were watching sheety NFL football.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Online Sheriff Bart

• Forum Snob
  • Bison
  • Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!Sheriff Bart is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
What do you know, you were watching sheety NFL football.
Looks like I won both tonight now doesn't it?? 8)

Offline Muggsy

• Badger
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Muggsy is working their way up.Muggsy is working their way up.Muggsy is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/380992/20120905/michelle-obama-convention-speech-dnc-rnc-transcript.htm

Michelle Obama struck a cord at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) Tuesday night in Charlotte. The First Lady, or "FLOTUS," stood at the podium and shared a heartwarming story about her family, her husband's past, their shared values, and their dream to build a better country based on those values.

Her speech clearly resonated with the public: Michelle Obama was the center of most conversations on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook that evening, as her speech broke all sorts of records for social media and politics.

According to Twitter, users released more than 28,003 tweets per minute during Michelle Obama's speech, which roughly doubled the tweets-per-minute mark set by Mitt Romney during his acceptance speech at last week's RNC (14,289).

The numbers, while important, do not tell the full story, however. For the most part, the emotion towards Michelle Obama's speech was overwhelmingly positive. Twitter users raved about the First Lady's emotional, inspirational tales, and her grace at the podium. Her quotes were retweeted thousands of times.

In contrast, the discussion around Mitt Romney was mostly negative. His speech at the RNC, in fact, generated the lowest approval rating among those surveyed adults since Gallup began polling the speeches in 1996. And that's saying something.

Follow us

The GOP can still be proud of what it accomplished at the RNC. The convention was a trending topic for several days, more than 2.5 million users tuned in on YouTube to stream more than 300,000 hours of video footage, and users shared more than four million tweets about the event.

"I think our [digital] strategy was right on, and it sets the bar for how future conventions and events should be run," said James Davis, the communications director for the 2012 RNC.

However, the highlights of the RNC were not what Mitt Romney had hoped. Twitter and YouTube interaction was highly skewed because of Clint Eastwood's infamous "empty chair speech." Furthermore, the most retweeted tweet of the RNC was President Obama's tweeted response to Eastwood's speech: "This seat's taken."

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »
Looks like I won both tonight now doesn't it?? 8)

Not really, just speaking out of your azz as usual. Big deal, Giants suck as well as Cowboys. Still don't know sheet 'bout politics or much else.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline winnar

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Global Moderator
  • Elk
  • Entire team is babies!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
Furthermore, the most retweeted tweet of the RNC was President Obama's tweeted response to Eastwood's speech: "This seat's taken."

LAWL

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:26 PM »
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
The last time I saw a roll call for President this late in the evening was in 1972 when McGovern lost control late in the evening/morning. Bad luck.
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline DrPangloss

• White Tail
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:57 PM »
Best pundit line of the night:

"On the other hand, I haven’t seen a hug that awkward — the one between Clinton and President Obama — since Liza Minnelli and David Gest said “I do.”"
Liberté, égalité, merde

Offline Atlas Twinkies

• Global Moderator
  • Elk
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!Atlas Twinkies is leading the good life!
DNC crushes RNC television ratings(Twitter too!)
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »

Interesting approach you're taking here.  I expected some very serious talk with some very seriously links.  Instead, just straight up insults.
GOD'S NOT DEAD!

Offline rufusx

• White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • rufusx barely matters.rufusx barely matters.
  • Not part of your clique
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 01:43:38 AM »
Interesting approach you're taking here.  I expected some very serious talk with some very seriously links.  Instead, just straight up insults.

Oh don't let his "serious talk" with all the "serious links" fool you. 
That's all just intellectualized insults.
Please be sure your replies demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, create straw men and argue against things I have neither said or implied.  Forgo all civility, you after all, anon.

Offline MacMan

• Badger
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • MacMan has a powerful will.MacMan has a powerful will.MacMan has a powerful will.MacMan has a powerful will.MacMan has a powerful will.MacMan has a powerful will.MacMan has a powerful will.
  • Mac or PC? -- your choice - just don't knock other
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »

Based on his posts last night, he must have been drinking heavily to put all the insults in.

Offline Freedom FE

• =Banned=
  • White Tail
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Freedom FE is working their way up.Freedom FE is working their way up.Freedom FE is working their way up.
  • (butthurt overload)
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »
Dems don't really think Bill in pulling for Barry. wake up!  Hilary in 2016
=Banned=

Offline pse1124

• =banned=
  • Badger
  • pse1124 has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
Play it up all you want. There is no way Obama can revive this train wreck. He's all talk and no substance.
If I constantly tell people that I love kittens, and that I'm against harming kittens, but yet every politician I vote for, supports kitten harming and legislation that promotes increased kitten harming. And then everytime kitten harming comes up in a forum, I attack the people that are kitten lovers, and rant against kitten loving websites. Am I actually a kitten lover? I don't think so.

Online Sheriff Bart

• Forum Snob
  • Bison
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »
You know, when you can't find anything bad to say about someone you should ALWAYS insult their physical appearance.

We all learned that in third grade. :rolleyes: